Thursday, June 26, 2003

Cafes and catching air

Had lunch today at the Globe Cafe, the outstanding vegan restaurant near our office. Being a major biscuits and gravy fan I had to try their vegan version out. WHOA! That is some tasty stuff! I have to say that it ranks well within the top five and actually is neck and neck with another vegan B&G by the sadly long gone Black Cat Cafe in the U District. Now mind you, I'm not a vegan or even a vegetarian (though I do have some pretty strong values around the meat that I do choose to eat), so let that tell how REALLY good the Globes B&G is.

In other news...went out to practice my hoop with my swank bball I got at Value Village. I still suck, but I'm having a good time. Also picked up up the latest copy of Natural Home Magazine. Full of all kinds of good info so I'll hopefully have some time to update the online source books in the near future.

Finally, getting geared up for our first BIG Afterglow here in Seattle. We've had several small ones, but this one - in association with MGM's Legally Blond 2: Red White and Blond - is going to be a fun one. As you may know, the whole plot revolves around animal testing and animal rights issues. We'll be featuring a 'very pink cosmopolitan' as our 'double-cause cocktail' (one drink, two causes) and expect to have lots of doggies around too. Our two causes we're raising awareness for are: responsible pet ownership with PAWS and environmental links to breast cancer with information from the Breast Cancer Fund.

No comments: