Friday, April 17, 2009

Tidbit Bistro


I love, Love, LOVE writing restaurant reviews and my recent visit to Tidbit Bistro makes this review all the more savory. I'd heard wind of Tidbit from several friends, both foodies and susties (sustainability types), so when a friend invited me to join an ad hoc visit to Tidbit, I was pretty excited. My experience was everything I expected and more. Tidbit has combined a bit of Italy and a bit of Spain to create a ambiance and menu that makes the most of both. The space is both urban and nostalgic while the menu offers contemporary takes on traditional favorites. I started with the crostini con fungi that may have been small on size (as stuzzichini should be) but it was big on flavor leaving me completely satisfied. I chose the whole leaf caesar with grilled chicken for my entree and I can now say I've had the best caesar of my life...seriously. The quantity of salad was perfect, the dressing perfectly creamy, and the chicken delicious in its own right. I honestly think of that salad nightly and will continue to do so until my next visit. To top it all off, I had one of the best tiramisu in my life as well...and I've had LOT of tiramisu, including several in Italy! But the icing on this cake, for me, was the commitment to sustainability that came through loud and clear throughout my experience at Tidbit. From being a certified member of the Green Restaurant Association to their commitment to community, they truly get it. Tidbit happens to be the ONLY certified GRA restaurant in Seattle as of April 2009. Add to all this, the staff were fantastic bringing two of my favorite elements of European restaurants to a little corner of Seattle...fantastic service and a personal connection between staff and customers. You really do feel like any one of the staff that you interact with during the night could be your next best friend. So here's an accolade that works in any language...Bravo to Tidbit Bistro!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the caesar. As a Spaniard I strongly recommend this place: quality, friendly people and a great place to enjoy with friends.