Friday, January 21, 2005

City of Seattle and UNICEF

As part of the Seattle chapter of the US Fund for UNICEF I got to take part in a press conference today to announce the City of Seattle's Day of Giving for tsunami relief. UNICEF is doing some pretty amazing things for children such as family tracing and centers for children that have been separated from their family. This in addition to all the usual things UNICEF does in these situations to improve the survival, protection and development of children around the world. It was a bit surreal though since I was fitting it into my lunch hour at Harborview hospital (my new day job) and all. From Harborview HR to six TV camera's glaring at me. All in a days work though. Good to do a bit more for tsunami relief too. Sometimes I feel like I should be doing a lot more

No comments: